Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Background

Disclaimer:
Hi! Welcome to my blog. This is a work in progress...I'm sure that I will make mistakes & have to edit, so please bear with me...

I love our life. We get to live where other people dream about visiting (or not...in some cases...lol). Our journey started in NC. That is where I met the love of my life and future best friend. It is, and will always be, home-base.

And the Journey Begins:
Our first move...12 hours away to Michigan. This is where our little family expanded to include our 1st child. For that reason alone, MI will always hold a little piece of my heart. While we were in MI, we explored Detroit, finding an awesome Ford Museum & zoo, and very little else. We also crossed the border into Canada a couple of times and explored Niagra Falls.Very Cool...

From there, we went shortly down the road to Toledo, Ohio. This was proably our least favorite place to live. It does have a cute zoo & it is where I completed my Associates Degree...so, again I leave a tiny piece of myself behind. This is also where we lived when 9/11 happened...I watched the 2nd tower get hit from my bedroom TV in that little apartment while my infant son slept. Words cannot describe & I know I will never forget...



Toledo, Ohio from high in the sky
 We left Ohio with fire at our tail and headed back over to the eastern seaboard and to Virginia. Not only was this much closer to home, it was where we bought our first house. Deposit: another little piece of my heart. In Virginia, we loved Nauticus, playing on the beach, & even got to experience a Hurrincane. (Isabel) I say "got to", because we are slightly weird and LOVE severe weather. Lol

Waves crashing on the shore of Virgina Beach


We moved up the road a little after that to Washington, DC. To date, it has been the most favorite place that we have lived. Our daughter was also born there...right in the hospital that the President of the United States gets most of his care...how cool is that?! Another deposit made here. <3 We got hooked on Starbucks here and enjoyed countless weekends exploring the Mall and the Smithonians. You really can't beat all the wonderful things to see in DC for FREE! DC vibrates with power and culture and we will probably continue to visit as long as we are able.

Father/Son moment in Arlington Cemetary @ the Iwo Jima Memorial


The end of our tour in DC had us heading to NYC. NYC has been our longest tour and is wrapping up this summer. Like the physical streets, NY has been a series of bumpy roads with some amazing sites & experiences along the way. There have been so many adventure in The Concrete Jungle, that I'll devote an entire blog just for it...really, there is just no place like NY. This brings us to the present time.

Brooklyn Bridge as seen from the water


Through all of the moves and travels, one thing has become apparent. We are Gypisies, Nomads, Travelers...we are a Military Family. We "bloom where we are planted". Sit back and enjoy the ride with us...

No comments:

Post a Comment